Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow thinks yoga will fix New York City public schools


Gwyneth Paltrow is hell bent on getting you to drink her Kool-Aid. First came “Goop,” the content of which she allegedly stole from another person; next came the chain of health clubs
that no one in the recession-plagued United States can afford to join; and now the Oscar-winning mom wants to bring yoga to the schools! I mean, seriously! Is there no end to her crusade of wellness? OK, maybe yoga in the schools is a good thing but I still think Paltrow is the reigning Ego Queen of New York right now.

“I started practicing yoga 20 years ago with Eddie Stern and it changed my life, so when he asked me to come … I felt I owe him so much,” Gwyneth tells “The Insider.”

The actress joined forces with Alice + Olivia and Urban Zen Foundation to host a gala thrown by Bent on Learning, a non-profit organization that offers instruction in yoga and meditation to students in New York City public schools and youth centers.

“I think New York City public schools need some TLC, and, I think, yoga is a nice way to get centered. It is a great idea,” Gwyneth adds.

Pardon my rant for a moment but this really burns me up. Not because it isn’t a great idea but because I actually went to public school in New York City and if I recall correctly, Gwynnie went to Spence. The NYC public school system might benefit from a few breaths in Downward Dog, but it’d probably do just as well with new text books and more qualified teachers.


Source: celebritybodygossip.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment