Saturday, January 10, 2009

Kate Beckinsale's unprotected movie


Kate Beckinsale refused to wear protective clothing in her latest movie.

The actress ignored director Rod Lurie's pleas to don a padded costume for her violent scenes in 'Nothing But the Truth', as she thought it might hamper her performance.

She is quoted by National Enquirer magazine as saying: "I'm always doing movies where I'm getting beaten up, thrown down stairs, hit with blunt objects and even set on fire. Rod was in a terrible panic, but I pulled off the scenes with just a few bumps and bruises."

The 35-year-old actress - who has previously portrayed a prison inmate - recently claimed she could "handle herself" behind bars.

She said: "It's weird because I do feel like I have done more of my fair share of time. I did the prison thing in 'Brokedown Palace', I've done the Philippines prison.

"Actually I think I could probably handle myself in a real prison - if I had something heavy to put in my sock!"

Kate's father Richard starred in hit UK TV prison show 'Porridge' and the actress believes she may have inherited his love of playing a villain.

She is quoted as saying: "My father's television show back home in England was set entirely in a prison. There's obviously a theme there."

- celebrityrush.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment