Saturday, January 10, 2009

Nicole Kidman Embarrassed With ‘Australia’ Role


According to US Magazine, Nicole Kidman admitted embarrassment over her performance in her latest movie Australia, costarring Hugh Jackman. “I can’t look at this movie and be proud of what I’ve done. But I thought Brandon Walters and Hugh Jackman were wonderful. It’s just impossible for me to connect to it emotionally at all.”, said the 41-year-old Oscar-winning actress.

She added that she only attended the Sydney premiere to support the director Baz Luhrmann. She told press: “I sat there, and I looked at Keith and went, ‘Am I any good in this movie? I don’t usually see my films, but because of Baz I had to see it. I saw Moulin Rouge. I’ve really only seen that and this in my whole career. It gets worse as I get older.” Following the premiere, the actress immediately fled her native country to avoid the critics; “We ran because I didn’t want to read anything. I didn’t want to know. I saw my sister and my family and we saw Keith’s family and then we were straight on a plane.”
A critical and commercial flop, Australia has earned a paltry $47 million in the U.S. since opening last November.
Enjoy the pictures from Austalia’s Sydney premiere and watch the trailer if you haven’t yet seen the movie.


- celebgossipz.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment