Friday, December 19, 2008

About to Pop: Miranda Cosgrove

Who: Miranda Cosgrove
Album: 'iCarly (Music From and Inspired By the Hit TV Show')
Single: 'About You Now'
Hails From: Los Angeles
For Fans Of: Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez

Why She's About to Pop: Miranda Cosgrove got her start before most kids know how to read. A talent agent saw the precocious 3-year-old sing and dance in a Los Angeles restaurant and signed her immediately. She eventually got gigs in print and commercial advertising, which led to roles on television shows. Her big break came when she was chosen to star as Summer Hathaway in the hit Jack Black comedy 'School of Rock.' Cosgrove then played Megan Parker on Nickelodeon's 'Drake and Josh,' which led to her own series, 'iCarly' on which she plays Carly Shay, the main character, who produces a Web show with her friends. Now, at age 15, Cosgrove is showing the world her musical talent on the 'iCarly Playlist,' which not only features hit songs from established pop artists but also includes original material performed by Cosgrove herself. 'iCarly' airs on Thursdays at 8 p.m. on Nickelodeon.

Watch more AOL Kids videos on AOL Video



Eight Questions with Miranda Cosgrove:

Who is your biggest inspiration as a singer?

I have too many inspirations to name them all, but to name a few I really like Gwen Stefani, Pink, the Beatles, Coldplay, the Killers, Paramore, Kelly Clarkson and Lily Allen. I'm not really sure that my music sounds like theirs, but they all really inspired me.

What is your favorite song from the 'iCarly Playlist'?

'About You Now' is my favorite song that I got to sing, but I also really like 'Girlfriend,' by Avril Lavigne.

If we looked on your iPod, what would we be surprised to find?

I'm actually a big fan of Blondie and Aerosmith.

If you could only do one -- acting or singing -- which would you choose?

I honestly can't decide between singing and acting because I love both so much. I've been acting longer than I have been singing and I really love getting into characters and getting to be someone you're nothing like, but I also love singing and writing songs because it's much more personal.

What was it like working with a huge movie star like Jack Black at such a young age? Were you intimidated?

It was really amazing getting to work with Jack Black. He was a really great guy and one of the funniest guys I've ever met. I was really lucky to get to act with him and I was only 9 when I was in the movie. It was a cool experience since it was one of my first roles.

On your TVshow you play an Internet star -- are there any blogs or Web sites you are addicted to?

I love the Web site addictinggames.com [http://addictinggames.com] because it's full of free games that are superfun. I love going on there when I'm bored. My all-time favorite Web site is YouTube. I always lose track of time and watch videos for hours. Especially music videos.

Who is the coolest guest star you got to meet on the set of 'iCarly'?

I got to meet David Archuleta recently when he was on 'iCarly.' I really enjoyed getting to work with him because he was so down-to-earth and funny. Also, I'm a big fan of his music.

What's the weirdest thing you keep in your purse/bag?

I keep a GameBoy Lite in my purse. It's not the weirdest thing in the world, but I do feel a little dorky when I pull it out with all my games.

- popeater.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment