Friday, December 19, 2008

Leona Lewis' Simon support


The 23-year-old 'Run' singer - who shot to fame after Simon mentored her to victory on UK talent show 'The X Factor' in 2006 - revealed the music mogul is always there to support her.

She said: "He is like, 'Let me know if you need anything or are not happy or not sure about anything.' It is really good to have someone that you know is going to fight in your corner, especially when he is so powerful as well."

Leona has had a good year.

He is like, 'Let me know if you need anything or are not happy or not sure about anything

She has been nominated for three Grammy Awards, her single 'Bleeding Love' was named Single of the Year by iTunes and she was named Top New Artist of 2008 by Billboard magazine.

Leona also believes 'The X Factor', created by Simon in 2004, was the ideal way to prepare for fame.

She added to Britain's Daily Star newspaper: "For me 'The X Factor' was kind of an introduction, as I was on the show every week, so people started to notice me. Fame came gradually so I think that's how I got used to it. That was so much better than not doing anything one minute and then the next, 'Oh my God.' "

- femalefirst.co.uk

0 comments:

Post a Comment